- We will undertake a survey at your home, and our consultant will discuss your particular requirements with you, and agree a plan for your removal. This will normally take half an hour, during which time a list of the packing materials, and an assessment of the furniture volume will be made.
- Surveys are free of charge and quotations are provided without obligation.
- Our quotation will normally be e mailed or posted to you within 24 hours. Copies of the contract will be posted to you on the same day.
Booking Your Removal
- Once the quotation is accepted, a crew is allocated to the project.
- Any specialist services or equipment will be booked.
- Our accounts department will prepare an invoice and payment is made (we accept all major credit cards).
- A few cartons can be delivered in advance if required.
- When the crew arrive on the first day of the removal, they will introduce themselves, and run through the project with you.
- The household contents will be systematically packed and loaded, leaving essentials to last. All cartons are marked with contents, and the location from which they are removed.
- Cartons and furniture are offloaded, and placed within your new home in a logical manner. Furniture will be unwrapped and reassembled.
- A full unpacking service is available if required.
Most local removals take place over a single day on your day of completion. This means our team look to arrive for approximately 08.30 on the morning of your move. This allows us time to safely and methodically load your furniture and effects by 13.00 which generally is the time you will agree to vacate by when signing and exchanging your contracts. Once our vehicle(s) are loaded, our crews normally use the down time to have a bite to eat and drink ready for unloading. We will then head to your new home and then wait until you get the go ahead upon funds transfer to collect your keys and move in.
On arrival our crew will install carpet and hard floor protection to protect your property from the heavy foot traffic of moving. Our foreman will then ask for a guided tour of the property, this is where he will make mental notes of the assignment of rooms and also note anything that may be staying behind. He will also then direct any fitters to items that may need dismantling for removal. This process will only take 5 minutes but will prove invaluable later on when it comes to the delivery, as the foreman can take charge of which rooms the furniture being offloaded needs to go to in your new home.
Loading of the vehicle always takes a little longer than unloading. This is because we load the trucks in a methodical and safe way to ensure all your goods are wrapped and protected ready for safe transit. All of your furniture will be wrapped to ensure it is protected from rubbing or scratching against anything else whilst the vehicle is in motion. We will also use specialist covers for your sofas, anti-static protection for your televisions and polythene covers to protect your mattresses.
On removal day we have some additional boxes on the vehicle for any last minute items you may have as well as wardrobe cartons for transportation of your hanging garments.
Moving day can be stressful enough without having to worry about dismantling wardrobes, bedframes and other furniture before the removal truck arrives. If required, we can provide an experienced fitter to alleviate the stress and worry and dismantle your furniture, label up the parts and the reassemble in situ at your new property.
Over the years we have taken down and re-erected items such as:
- Bed frames, bunk beds and cabin beds
- Wardrobes and wardrobe fitments
- Snooker and pool tables
- Sheds and Summerhouses
- Outdoor play equipment